Direct Advertising Sales for Beginners: How to Develop an Alternative Revenue Source
10 Direct Advertising Options to Monetize Your Website or Blog
How to Set Your Own Advertising Rates for Direct Ad Sales: An Extensive Guide
Marketing Your Ad Space: How to Create Your Own Direct Advertising Sales Package
How to Find Advertisers for Your Website and Increase Direct Advertising Sales
There is only one major change in this version. When an advertiser uploads an image for their ad, if it is not exactly the size of the ad slot, then it is automatically cropped and resized to be exactly the correct size. The advertiser is warned that this occurred and told to check the image to ensure that it is satisfactory. Because of this the "exact size" option in the advertising section was removed as unnecessary.
Small changes to the navigation appearance as well.
A new release is live. This one has mostly pretty minor changes, and some bugfixes.
There are some changes to the navigation structure, and the names of things. I hope you aren't getting confused... I think I am a lot more happy with where things are now, and how they work. Please tell me if you are not.
- Prices in your advertising section setup are now mandatory
- Igloo should work a lot better in IE7 now
- You can now configure a link that will show in the screen to create an ad. Go to your Site Profile to set ...
This is a big release, it has lots of changes and so we have done lots of testing. Please, please, please if you have any problems get in touch and I will try and fix the problem for you straight away, and fix the problem for everyone else as soon as possible.
Following on from our release of Automated Payments last time, we now have the ability for you to manage your account with Igloo. This means that we will be able to manage Igloo subscribers more easily, without spending all of our time on invoicing! As part of this ...
Edit: Payments are again working. Thankyou for your patience.
Paypal automated payments are currently not being accepted by Paypal
We are working with Paypal to figure out why not and we will keep this post updated with details.
The error page that is shown to the user recommends that the user request a manual invoice from the website owner. They can do this via pressing the "Invoice me!" button. This button is normally there for users who do not have a Paypal account and do not want to create one.
Once the user has clicked this button, you will receive ...
Well, we are up to release number 11 now. That has just flown by hasn't it?
This time around the major thing that we have put live (which we are very happy about) is Automated Payments. Automated Payments allows the advertiser to pay you through Paypal directly without you having to send a manual invoice. It is all automated. Have a look at the Product Tour if you can't picture what I mean.
To set this up, you need to open the Administration Interface, edit your website, and tick the box that says "Allow advertisers to pay with ...
Igloo now has the capability for you to create Coupons. Coupons allow you to give discounts to particular people, rather than to everyone all at once. It is a powerful way to target particular people to advertise. You can create as many coupons as you like, and each coupon has it's own expiry date. Some ideas for how you could use coupons:
- Create a coupon for giving to your friends, or people that have done you favours in the past.
- Create a coupon for giving to advertisers, whose ad is just about to finish that expires soon. This will ...
- You can now choose to sell your ads per impression rather than per day (eg you could create a Banner ad section that only showed one ad at a time)
- You can choose to have your advertisers be automatically reminded when their ads are about to finish (edit your ad sections to set the options)
- Notifications should be working now (please tell me if they aren't)
Things that we are working on now:
- A blog for announcements like these (hey, here it is!)
- Automated payments (so ...