Igloo now has the capability for you to create Coupons. Coupons allow you to give discounts to particular people, rather than to everyone all at once. It is a powerful way to target particular people to advertise. You can create as many coupons as you like, and each coupon has it's own expiry date. Some ideas for how you could use coupons:
- Create a coupon for giving to your friends, or people that have done you favours in the past.
- Create a coupon for giving to advertisers, whose ad is just about to finish that expires soon. This will encourage them to re-advertise.
- Create a coupon for giving to all of your past advertisers.
- Create a coupon that expires at the end of October. Put up a blog post about it, and tell your readers to "tell your friends".
There are plenty of cosmetic changes around the place too.
Things that we are working on now:
- Automated payments (so that advertisers can pay you directly without you having to manually invoice them). Hopefully we will hear from Paypal about this one soon.
- Allowing multiple websites per user
- An easy way for you to email your advertisers through Igloo
- A way to offer bonuses to your advertisers if they spend more
Also a reminder: sometimes new features that are added to Igloo require you to "turn on" the feature in your ad-section or website-profile. Last release we put in automated reminders, but we forgot to say that they are disabled by default. You have to turn them on if you want them.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having any problems, or have any ideas for things that you would like to see Igloo be able to do.